Skip to main content

Mission - Pardhsarathy by Abhaya Foundation

Happy Days…together
P8050159.JPGOur love story started in the Year 2000 at Baby Moon Junior College, Khammam where we both of us met each other.  I was in MPC and Pardhu was in Bi.P.C., his passion was to become a Doctor, as his father was very keen to see Pardhu as a Doctor.
Our College days brought us together and we were in love, but never lost our focus on studies. Both families agreed to perform our marriage. Everything was going smooth between us. But, all of the sudden there was some misunderstanding sprouted between the two families and they decided to call off the wedding proposal… not able to understand our state of mind. It was too late then, myself and Pardhu were happy with each other’s company. We decided to bring a meaningful conclusion for our relationship by marrying. It was that time I joined Engineering course as I got 18000 rank and secured a seat in Vasavi Engineering College, Hyderabad, though my family’s economic condition was not so good.
Pardhu’s parents did not want him to help me and they insisted Pardhu not to meet me insisting him to call off the relationship. I was experiencing hell not knowing what to do and how to complete my studies as I was helpless morally and socially.   Pardhu came to know all this and met me in the hostel at Hyderabad infusing life in to my thinking. It was he who motivated me to peruse the course without break and assured me that all the required support would be provided by him. That was his love towards me!
He kept aside his dream of becoming a Doctor as two of his attempts in EAMCET were not so successful and admission required lots of money. He resorted to do all sort of odd jobs for his love to me and started providing money for my Engineering studies. He was with me like a shadow putting in all his efforts to help me financially and psychologically making me feel nothing will go wrong in our lives. We were married to each other in the year 2003 with so much passion for each other and life.
HAPPY HOMEwhere we lived together
Pardhu was not able to do any degree he has to settle with his Inter qualification doing some executive jobs and after few years of hard work he got into the Sales Executive profile for selling and marketing demolition equipments. He started getting Rs.20,000/- PM. With him at my side, I am also able to complete my engineering in the year 2005. With so many hurdles in my life… only one person to support me in overcoming all the difficulties…it was Pardhu. Now I am working as Asst. Professor at TKR Engineering College with a pay package of Rs.16,000/- PM.  We both were leading a good and happy life and blessed with a boy, we named him as Satwik. We were feeling that all our difficulties were gone and we are settling in life with both of us working and earning reasonable salaries with some savings for our child and our future. We have recently brought a beautiful dream house at Alamasguda, Hyderabad spending about Rs.20,00,000/- with a home loan and own savings. It was just in the month of March’10. I thought this is a momentous occasion in our life.
Now please read on…what strange happened in my life…
July 26th was a fateful day for all of us at family when my beloved husband and my care taker Pardhu fell sick with body pain… we thought that it is a fever and general weakness or tiredness as his job demands travelling. But, First his leg got paralyzed and within hours his complete body got paralyzed and the severity was 90%. His body was not in his control!
P8050152.JPGWe admitted him at Vivekanada Hospital, Somajiguda. The Doctors after thorough investigations revealed that he is suffering  with a very deadly  disease called G B Syndrome (Guillain-Barré syndrome is a disorder in which the body's immune system attacks part of the peripheral nervous system. The first symptoms of this disorder include varying degrees of weakness or tingling sensations in the legs. In many instances the weakness and abnormal sensations spread to the arms and upper body. These symptoms can increase in intensity until certain muscles cannot be used at all and, when severe, the patient is almost totally paralyzed) coupled with diabetic neuropathy which occurs to one in 10,00,000 people.
P8050154.JPGWe have spent all the saving amount and some of my friends, colleagues at TKR Engineering College came forward and supported me initially. Then in second face all my dear students at the College pooled money for my husband with their respect for me… till now with all that we were able to spend Rs.6-7 lakhs on his treatment. Doctors said that they have done everything medically and he can only recover by treatments like physiotherapy or pancha karma therapy which are very costly affairs and they say the severity is too high the recovery period may vary from 1 year to 4years.I am not left with any money to support his treatment who has lent his life for lifting me as a true husband and companion. I am clueless as to what to do now, there are 5 other family members at home who are all just studying and entire responsibility is being taken care by us.
It was then one of my student Sharan met me in the college and gave me Abhaya contacts. I called Abhaya in the night at around 9.30 pm on 8th September’2010…I was really amazed to see the Founder himself came to my house at around 4 AM in the early hours of 9th and enquired about our state of affairs. He spent some time with Pardhu and infused good vibrations to him.
Later he sat with me understanding the present needs of the family. While I was still digesting the fact that someone came to enquire in those early hours of the day, Abhaya handed over a cheque for an amount of Rs.25,000/- as immediate assistance. It was with their advise I pen down my story, requesting you all to help me in getting back my husband to normal life and bringing back joy in our lives.We will be indebted to you all for life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Super 60

After years of HEART work, with the support of donors and well wishers... abhaya CCL Empowerment Campus at Anatapuram is completed. Trustees formed the Executive Body and visited the campus too. At abhaya we strive to lend a hand to the needy at all times. We also encourage other organisations who would want to serve the society. We try and help them with the required manpower, premises, etc...It's like joining Hands...Heads...Hearts in serving the community. abhaya never say No to any like minded NGOs...For them criteria is only Selfless Work. There are scores of NGOs who joined hands in service with abhaya. One such organisation is Niswartha Foundation with its "Super 60" program. A few details of the program are below: Niswartha Foundation , Uravakonda, Anantapuram Dist, AP   The atlas shrugged its shoulders when it was asked to shoulder the burden of responsibility. With a motto to serve selflessly and to carry the responsibility of improving the pitfalls of society

Facet

Since how many days are we seeing people around us who are financially low but has immense talent. Since how many days are we seeing people around us who get deprived of oppurtunities because of their status in the society. Since how many days are we thinking that "Hope I get a chance to help such people"...."Hope I can do something to change the society I am living in". There are some people who take the lead to help others. There are some who wish they could but cannot find the correct way to do it. And there are others who have apprehensions about helping others, escpecially when money is involved. "What if the money I give doesnt reach the affected"..."What if my money gets wasted by the organisation". Believe me, I have journeyed through all the three cases. But my luck has it that I travalled exactly from the last case to the first. And now, I could trust that whatever money I collect or give or donate would definitely reach the needy

Facet-2

Why is it so difficult to help others....? Do we not have confidence that we can do something for others or is it the lack of empathy in us....?? All these blogs and Facebook accounts have been created to get closer to the younger minds. Yet, we do not see any kind of response from them. Are we so immersed in the race of life that we cannot see the grievances of the people living around us? One day, I keep a status about a hero or a song.....The very next hour...I receive umpteen number of likes and comments regarding that.... But, when I keep a status regarding social service or regarding saving money to donate to the needy....I hardly receive 1% of the response that I got earlier... Is it so difficult to save money for someone else? Is it necessary to know the person to help him? Is it not our minimum social responsibility that we give back something to the society? We donot know the urgency of the need until something happens to any of our friends or people we know....Un